Sunday, October 30, 2011

Victory Outreach

Victory Outreach is a International Christian Church ministry that was first started in 1967 by Pastor Sunny Argonzoni in East LA. The vision of the church is to take the "treasures out of darkness", helping people who are bound by strong holds to find Jesus once again. I had the privilege of being apart of the San Francisco Church Ministry when I was younger. Although, I don’t attend services no more I still keep in contact with many of the member's from there (I consider them a lot like family )and they welcome me with open arms. Sunday morning services are now held at the local YMCA in the Bayview District until they have a permanent building and youth service are held at the youth leaders house every Friday night. Every year they have world conference events where the entire communities around the world gather together for a huge service that last a whole week usually. What stuck out the most to me about this church was the activities they had and how they incorporated their sermons to daily activities. While being apart of this church I learned life changing experiences and valuable lessons. While being apart of this community I felt comfortable and i consider everyone there to be like family. When I used to think of church I used to think that it was boring and made up of a whole bunch if stories i stero-typed that people who attended were "weak" and needed someone to help them resolve their problems, I realized I was very wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment