Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mural Response


In my opinion, Diego Rivera’s Frozen Assets mural does not relate to the Occupy Movement because I do not see the connection. It may be that I am not looking deep enough or may have to look at the mural from a different perspective. In the middle section I believe the mural can relate to the Occupy Movement because it can represent the many protestors trying to prove a point and what extreme measures they may take until it comes across. Glancing another time at the mural I then noticed that the top portion of the mural can represent wall street, how it may have been “back in the day.” Although, the first portion is not a street, I think the tall New York buildings/sky scrapers can very well be a good representation of Wall Street. In my opinion I believe people from the Occupy Movement are inspirational because they are willing to go through extreme measures and diuretics circumstances to stand up for what they believe in. I admire people who stand up for what they believe in because many just let themselves get pushed over and don’t express their thoughts. My first reaction looking at the middle part of the mural was that people in poverty and/or homeless are separated from the average Civilians and are also separated from people with power and that are really wealthy. The last section of the mural makes me feel angry that the wealthy build walls against middle and low class economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment