Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Internship Readiness


I think the hardest part of the program for me is anticipating where I will be placed and what my experience would be like. One of the many skills I have developed, I anticipate I would be able to show my communication skills first. Year Up has taught me the proper way to communicate professionally and effectively. I will show these skills the instant I walk through the door at internship. One question that I am anxious about for internship is whether or not I will remember everything I have learned so far during these three modules. To my assumptions of being placed at Wells Fargo I believe the environment would be calm and mellow. Being that I am calm and mellow myself I think I would do well there but my only concern is that the environment wouldn’t be fast passed and I would have a lot of down time. I believe I would work well with a manager that I always have the option of communicating daily, that’s what I prefer. I know what I am capable of though, and have confidence that I would do well working with a manager who I don’t get to see as often because I am responsible, organized and have no problem on taking initiative. During internship I hope to develop more tech skills with excel or access.  At my internship I plan to stand out by performing the best to my abilities and showing effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment